Buying a TV for digital advertising can potentially be a good idea! Despite the initial investment, it can help draw in passing customers. But why would you waste your money on a product that won’t properly display advertisements? Using a TV instead of a proper Commercial display could be the reason your marketing strategy isn’t working to its full potential. If your business relies on a physical shopping experience, you will understand the power of digital displays and how they’re a fundamental resource for attracting consumers. Giving passing customers a lasting impression of your digital display should be a reason to have one alone. We believe you should display your brand in the best and most effective way possible, this is why we’ve put together 5 reasons that will convince you to buy a commercial display instead of a regular TV screen.
- An obvious difference between both displays is the quality of each product. TV’s aren’t built for 24-hour use and keeping a standard TV on all day will lead to a shorter lifespan. Commercial grade flat screens are built with heavy-duty parts and components designed to handle constant usage. Why would you buy an inferior product that won’t last as long? Even the manufacturers explain they’re not built for this type of use. This is highlighted through TV warranties being limited, if used for digital signage applications. With an increased resistance to deterioration and an extended lifespan, commercial screens should be the obvious option. Consumer screens can be used from anywhere between 1 to 8 hours a day. Any business can use them from upwards of 15 hours a day and in certain circumstances, for 24-hour use in areas such as airports. Regular domestic TV’s will not be able to handle long periods of time in brightly exposed areas. Not convinced? Commercial screens are built with advanced technology for extended use. This includes features such as cooling mechanisms and enhanced burn-in protection, giving you efficiency, practicality and cost-effectiveness.
- Commercial displays also offer your business a practical solution for saving valuable time. Running a business can be stressful and various marketing strategies can go to the bottom of the list in busy periods. Having a digital display that is designed for 24-hour use and with advanced features, such as on/off scheduling functionality and sleep mode can make a real difference. These settings can help you display content with minimal effort. This will also allow you to measure the time in which it is used, making it an eco-friendlier way to use digital screens. Leaving screens on can also act as an attractive opportunity for burglary, having a screen that automatically turns off at a specific time, will avoid this issue entirely, giving you peace of mind.
- TV’s cannot compare to the quality and brightness of Commercial displays; the luminosity of a regular display is only around 250. This makes them difficult to view in bright environments and absolutely pointless in direct sunlight when being used as a digital window marketing tool. In contrast to TV displays, specific commercial screens are designed for high-brightness conditions. With ratings of up to from 700 (for bright internal areas) and up to 2500 luminosity (for window and outdoor environments) these screens can work at optimum quality, regardless of the conditions. On top of this, these displays have wide viewing angles and high contrast ratings, which gives you a reliable and professional display, which suits any installation environment.
- Flipping a TV on its side and expecting it to conform to the on-screen content, is not an attractive way to display digital media. Commercial signage displays have the optional ability to be displayed in both landscape and portrait orientations. Regular TV’s are only designed for the landscape mode. This can limit your design element and eye-catching nature of a display, especially if it is not compatible with the digital signage. Also, commercial displays have symmetrical bezels specifically for aesthetics when mounted in portrait, not like a consumer TV which is simply turned 90 degrees. This underlines the functionality of the commercial screen and its versatility, allowing you to change the graphical display and orientation with ease.
- Displaying your digital content is made easier through commercial screens, as they give you the ability to display through different inputs and not just a standard DVD player. If you’ve worked with digital signage previously, you will know networked screens require much more than just RCA or HDMI connector. Commercial grade screens have multiple inputs, allowing for a multitude of different media playing devices. This offers many practical solutions as you can use PC inputs including DVI, Legacy, VGA inputs and also serial ports as well as the traditional RCA and HDMI cable inputs. This stops any restrictions within your digital campaigns and allows you to display your business, with no wires attached.
Investing in a high-quality commercial display will have an endless amount of additional benefits compared to a regular consumer TV. Price points of flat screens have dropped rapidly in recent years and this statistic doesn’t show any signs of slowing up. With an extend lifespan and advanced technology, considering these screens and spending extra on an all in one solution, will benefit your business in the long run.