With many retail outlets closed due to lockdown measures, retailers moved their efforts towards their online platforms for much-needed revenue streams. But one area that saw huge growth through all of the government lockdowns was the DIY sector. Kingfisher that owns B&Q and Screwfix closed all of its stores during the first few weeks of lockdown back in March 2020 but reopened in late April and May. Since then, the BBC reported that sales have boomed as people used their time to make home improvements. In the most recent trading update, Kingfisher said group like for like sales rose 12.6%.
But how do your retail products stand out from the crowd in an already busy retail environment? Over the years we have worked with some exciting brands on elevating their products by using stand-out free-standing and countertop units designed and manufactured in-house. The units can often reflect the core values of the brand and we like to collaborate closely to ensure we meet the brief every time.
We have compiled our top tips when designing a trade counter display unit
- Try to stand out from the crowd with your design by adding 3D writing and even lighting through LED strips
- Design is key, get renders of your design in colour and share your products with the design house so they really understand the product and your brand
- Always see a prototype, this will help to understand what the end product will look like before your big rollout begins
- Don’t be afraid to test the design it needs to be robust and sturdy as the retail environment has many different factors that may affect its usage
- Stay true to your brand and the design should reflect this always
But don’t just take our word for it take a look for yourself at some of the trusted brands we have worked with in the trade counter sector.